Four brave souls ventured out into the chilly early morning hours today and braved Jordan’s trial run of the Bikini Bod Boot Camp. I am proud to say that no one died, including myself. The cold weather actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise as we shed many layers of clothing as the hour went by. I think everyone was pleasantly surprised at how good they felt when it was over. I know for myself I have already learned a few things about myself today:
1) I have an inability to warm up using the “inchworm” in a way that actually gets me across the finish line. I do, however, add a flourishing hop at the end that serves both the purpose of a fancy ending and advances me a little further to the finish line.
2) I still 100% abhor push-ups. Today I also discovered they can be made much much worse by adding a wind sprint to the end of a series of push-ups.
3) Bear crawls should never be confused with bear claws.
4) I think I might just survive this process. Granted this was an “ease you in” session and I am sure it will only get harder and my body will only get more tired but I was not nearly as far behind as I thought I would be.
5) Wearing the same sneakers as the Coach doesn’t actually make you faster/better/stronger. Grrrr.
The next Orlando session is Monday, March 4 at 6PM in Blue Jacket Park and then Wednesday, March 6 at 7AM. If you are local and want a free and guaranteed butt kicking work out. Come join us! If you aren’t local or your schedule is a little crazy or you are just plain scared, feel free to email Jordan and let her know you want to get her workouts each Monday so you can participate on your own.
In the meantime I will give you a play by play of the carnage at the end of each week from my perspective. Here’s to beach season!